Monday 2 November 2015

Australian Football League (AFL)

Hi!
How's life?
Good?

So...Gosh, I have absolutely nothing to talk about. Hmm, what's been going on in my life lately...nothing much really. Life is boring at the moment.
So true, so true...

One thing I can say is that this happened to me this week. Okay so what happened? So, on Monday, Miss Bolger told us we were gonna try and make pizza solar ovens (Go to this link to see more about pizza solar ovens cuz I can't be bothered explaining. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwliZJiHe8) and I was totally excited. I was even more excited when she said we could choose our groups (two or three in each group).

I know that it's not just me who immediately turns to their friends when your teacher let's you choose your groups. Okay, I'm gonna use different names for these people to explain what happened. So after Miss Bolger told us to get into groups, I first turned to...Caroline? Yes, Caroline. But, to my great disappointment she had turned to SOMEONE ELSE. TRAITOR.

Me: Oh well, there are still other people...

I turn to...Clara (???) hoping she would be happy to be in a group with me. AGAIN, she was already in a group with Blake and Sean (I'm so bad at coming up with names...). So I was left out, all alone (insert lonely song)....

But hey, I eventually got accepted into a group, so it's all good XD

Anyways, let's just get onto today's topic, which will be about AFL.

What is AFL?
AFL (Australian Football League) is a sport played between two teams of eighteen players. The aim of this game is to score as many goals for your team by kicking the ball between the two tall goalposts. Whichever team ends up with the highest score wins the game. To make the long story short, AFL is pretty much like rugby but you kick the ball in a specific way rather than passing it.

Before we got started, the instructors (I completely forgot their names but I think one of them was like...I don't know, Jake or something? I think...Or was it...) explained to the people who aren't familiar with AFL (that's me) some of it's rules and stuff. They also taught us some of skills and techniques andsome pretty cool catchphrases to help us remember the skills and stuff. Some of the catchphrases are....

1. Laces away from faces.
2. Crosses up and down.
3. Ring finger on the seams.
4. Arms pointing down like an arrow
5. And...yeah, that's all I remember.

To be honest, AFL didn't sound so hard (considering that I pretty much suck at most sports) when they explained the rules and demonstrated the specific way to kick the ball. That was until we actually started doing it ourselves. So we got into pairs and I was with Katherine and GOSH, I was literally hopeless. Okay, maybe I wasn't that bad, some of my kicks were pretty good (maybe like two or three of them...) but the most of them were quite bad.

So yeah, I wasn't so amazing at AFL but oh well...I guess that's it for this post. CYAAAA.
P.S. OMIGOSH WAIT. What are you guys dressing up as for book character day? Ugh, I need to come up with some QUICK.




























I just thought these were necessary...XD

9 comments:

  1. Cool Post! It's totes not obvious who Clara and Caroline are. lol. I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Shazza. Ugh you tricked me with the second one HA HA HA! (pretend I said that with sarcasm). Oooooooo I think I know who everyone is, it's kinda obvious LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post Shazza!!! hehe yoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tricked me twice.


    How Dare You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post Miss Siby.
    Maybe I should give this "AFL" thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat thing really got me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post, Miss Siby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating Post, Severus' little girl!

    ReplyDelete