Monday 9 November 2015

Favourite Children's Book

Hello there y'all, welcome to this week's blog post and I think I'll just get straight into today's main topic: What was one of my favourite books when I was younger?

Okay, so there are so many books that I absolutely loved when I was younger like The Hungry Caterpillar and all those popular picture books that you would have read before too. But my most favourite picture book author would definitley have to be Mo Willems.

If you'd read my last year's blog post about my favourite picture books, you would know that I chose Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus. I so adore that book! But this week, I'll be talking about another book written by Mo Willems called Elephant and Piggie!

Well, actually, it's more of a picture book series than one book. The Elephant and Piggie books are about an elephant and a pig (duh) named Gerald and Piggie, who have fun adventures and lot's of fun with each other.

The reason why I love this book is how it's not too complex, but each page is short and simple. Like not everyone is able to achieve something like this, to make something so short and simple yet fun to read. so yeah, this is why I love Mo Willems and his books.

Since this blog post looks like it's going to be short, I'll read (well, "read") you one of the Elephant and Piggie books. Actually, never mind, you can watch this video(Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfFhJNifIdE) instead, if you're bothered that is.

So yeah, that's my favourite book when I was younger. Now I've got a question for you: What is your favourite book right now? 
Well, if you ask me, I don't really have one at the moment. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is a good one. Oh and I'd just recently read a book called Forever in a Year

It's actually a great book, it's YA (for sure) and is perfect for those who enjoy romance and don't mind some...stuff. I'll just leave it at that. This book is pretty much about this girl called Carolina, who meets her first love, Trevor and there are five parts to it. The first part it Strangers For A Week, which is pretty much an intro to the whole story and about how Carolina and Trevor slowly become close.

The next part is A Couple For a Month, which is when Carolina and Trevor become closer and they become a couple (cute!). Carolina's best friend Peggy gets a little jealous and kinda stops hangin out with her. Part three, Love For The Holidays, is when they become real close (Like REAL CLOSE if you know what I mean) and they spend a whole heap of time together.

Fighters For A Semester is when everything starts to get more intense and a guy names Taylor (Spoiler: He's creepy) gets more involved and things start to go horribly wrong and...well, they kinda break up, I'm sorry, spoiler! Finally, the last part, Exes For Ever, is after Carolina and Trevor broke  up. The ending, omg, is so amazing! Like it's so touching and beautiful! But you have to read the acknowledgments too and you'll honestly feel so...I can't even explain it, it was the most beautiful and satisfying feeling.

Now that's the end of this week's post. OMG WAIT. Who are you dressing up as for book character day??? I would so love to know!

BYEEEEEEEE!! XD


6 comments:

  1. Great post Sharon! Mo Willems is a great author!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post Sharon!! the elephant and piggy books are so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elephant and Piggy are the best! In fact I bought cute little elephant and piggy toys for Madoc the other day mainly cos I wanted them for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanna read that book now!
    Elephant and piggy are so adorable!
    Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete