Monday 19 October 2015

My Dream Jobs :)

My dream job? Mm, let me think...to be honest, I have no idea what I would like to be. After minutes of researching on finding a suitable profession that I would like to take on, I finally came up with the three best options I found and they are (drum rolls please)...

  1. Author
  2. Psychologist
  3. Script writer

Okay, I don't know if these are good choices or not but hey I'll most likely change my mind in the future, depending on what state I will be in then.


Author 
So, for a while (like a long while), I'd really been interested in becoming an author when I grow up. Writing is something I'd always been into, something that I enjoy doing and the one thing I'm actually okay at. Obviously, I am going to have a regular job, along with writing in my free time. Yeah.

I searched up on classes that I should take for becoming an author and I went on Cassandra Clare's website. She said there aren't any specific classes to take to become an author. But taking writing and english in college is ideal. Some other recommended classes were literature, journalism and creative writing.

Some ways I could improve on my writing skills outside of school is read lots of books and a large variety of different genres. I've been told by all my teachers at school literally every year was that reading more and more books can really improve on your writing skills, as well as reading too. By reading different genres, you can see how the authors have used different ways to describe different things, moods or setting and then you could use this as inspiration in your own writing.

Also, maybe joining a writing club would help too. That way, you can share my your pieces of writing to people and they can give you some ideas, tips and positive criticism so you can improve each time. Pretty much writing your own stories, finding new and creative ways to write things and taking in other people's advice are the main ways I can improve on my writing skills.

Psychology
I'm not quite sure why I would like to become a physiologist but, lately, I've had this interest in psychology mainly because I'm planning on doing that for my science badge after finishing astronomy (whenever that is). After looking through the psychology sheet, I'd become really interested so I searched up some psychological facts and I was honestly fascinated. So that's one thing I'm into other than writing.

The subjects that I should take if I'm planning on becoming a psychologist are mainly biology classes and chemistry. It is also required that I should take statistics and other mathematic classes. Also, having a general idea of the area of psychology you want to study is also quite useful.

Other things I could do to help me are things like the science badge sheets. While I was doing human biology, I honestly didn't know half of the things on the sheet when I first looked at it. But now I know a whole lot more than I used to and I found doing the biology science badge sheet really useful. So people who haven't done at least one of the science badge sheets, you should totally do one because it can help you A LOT in college, it helps you learn a whole lot in a more fun way than reading off a text book.

Script writer
Lately, I've also been into filming, again because of school, so I am quite interested in getting a career in the film industry. So we're doing passion projects as an extra thing, where we can choose whatever topic that we want/is interested in. Honestly, if it wasn't for Katerina, I would still be deciding on a passion project idea.

Katerina and I are now doing filming and animation for our passion project and we're planning on filming a few things like a movie trailer. I'd always wanted to make a movie trailer, movie, stop motion or anything to do with filming but it's just that I never had the right equipment or enough people to make that happen. So I'm really excited to start off our passion project on friday!

The subjects I could take to become a script writer are english classes, creative writing and technical writing. Along with those subjects, taking film classes, journalism and communication is also ideal. Having great creative writing skills and lots of creativity is required.

Other things I could do are...well, pretty much improve on my writing skills more and have basic writing techniques.


So yeah, those are the jobs I am quite interested in. Now for a question:
If you could have absolutely any dream job at all  what would it be? Like it can be ANYTHING. I don't know, I couldn't think of a better question.
.
.
.
.
.
Oh yeah, look at something that I stumbled across while doing random stuff....

...So true...
Okay now byeeeee!
P.S. Sorry if this post was long and boring.


8 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love psychology and I am really recommending it! Nice choice of careers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all sound like very exciting jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to filming the HUSH HUSH TRAILER!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We officially have a film crew in the class
    Director: Katerina
    Script Writer: Sharon
    Set Maker thing: Me
    Camerman: ...
    Actor:...
    Producer:...
    Other People ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post! If i could have absolutely any dream job that no one will probably judge me on would be taking over SM entertainment!!!

    ReplyDelete