Monday 7 September 2015

Poetry: When emotion finds it's thought and thought finds words

My bae...Jk, Snape's my bae :D
Heyyy guys!
I'm back, once again, for this week's new post!
So last week, I asked you guys what your favourite thing to do online was (doesn't sound creepy at all...Lol). And omg, I thought I was just one of the few people who spends their life on youtube. Yes, nine out of eleven people voted YOUTUBE! Yeah, high-five, I love youtube too!

Okay, whatevs, let's get onto the real deal. So lately, our intermediate syndicate has been learning poetry. Yes, poetry. To be honest, I don't suck at writing poems as much as I did years before. Good to know I'm improving...Lol.


...Whether it's good or bad
Quick Distraction: Is it just me, or do you guys just say lol even though you're not laughing out loud? To me, LOL is more like LSIMHCTJWFETMMLOL (Laughing Silently In My Head Cuz The Joke Wasn't Funny Enough To Make Me Laugh Out Loud)

Anyway...so in class, we've been writing all sorts of poems from rhyming poems to hiakus and limericks. But, I discovered that, the type of poem I love the best are emotion poems. Here's one of my own creations:

Hatred
Hatred, a darkness that eats away innocent souls
Eradicates with devotion, heart wither away   
Setting alflame love and friendship, broken hearts as debris
A twisted joy one feels as the disease spreads
Hatred, a natural force that simply must be ignored   




Short and quite dark but hey, I love it! Here's another dark poem I wrote:
Ohh now that's cold!

Pain
Pain, no real solutions, no obvious answers
Lurks leisurely through the boday, seeps through the veins
Poisons the mind, the memories leak in
Weakens the heart, wounds tear open
Destroys the soul, suffocates with depression
Pain, can't surpass it as life only creates more     


Whoa, this one's darker than the other. LSIMHCTJWFETMMLOL. Mhmmm :D
Hey, I'm gonna try and make one up now. A happy one this time. Definitely. Hmm lets see...
Aww isn't that just cute!


Love
Love, an emotion with many effects
A feeling so delicate yet overwhelming
Gentle embrace between two desperate hearts
Brings joy but beware the sorrow it creates
Tearing apart hearts, misery is left behind
Thrived, shot, stitched, anesthetized
Love, gentle but strong

Is it just me or does every emotion poem, whether it's happy or not, it always turns out to be quite depressing in the end. Thrived, shot, stitched, anesthetized? Whoa, okay. Well at least the first three sentences are joyful. :D

Alrighty, I guess that's it for this week's post! WAIT.
Question: What is/was your favourite fairytale/Disney movie?
I don't know, it was the first question that came to mind. My favourite would probably have to be Beauty and the Beast. Don't judge.

Alrighty then, I guess that's it. For now. Lol.



Remember...


 





13 comments:

  1. Good one Sharon LOL should totally stand for LSIMHCTJWFETMMLOL which stands for ... (something to long for me to write) and how do you whip up poems so quickly or as you say on the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Save that poem for Ron sharon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that I am your bae. Anyway, who is this RON you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snape you must be very interested in Sharon's blog!

      Delete
    2. Ahh severus!
      It's been a while now. Miss Siby, I do not understand how this awful and cruel man is your bae? What even is a bae? Wasn't Ron the owner of me when I was a rat?

      Delete
    3. Shut your mouth Pettigrew, you don't even know the simplest muggle words. I feel so sorry for Mr Weasley who had to take care of a rat as clumsy as you.

      Delete
    4. Severus, I am thoroughly disappointed that you are in love with a muggle. But I suppose it is your life so I shall not interrupt.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. you're poems are so deep. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha your post are so funny! (and good)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Beauty & the Beast too! So good. Awesome work on the poems. I think its just easier to write dark, depressing ones somehow!

    ReplyDelete