Sunday 30 August 2015

Famous Artist?

Heyyyy,
Welcome back people, to another post!
So last week, I set up my first poll for you guys, asking what your favourite book genre is out of the following choices: fantasy, romance, action/adventure, mystery and sci-fi.

Thank you to the six people who voted and yeah I know it's not many people, but it was only my first poll so I'm really hoping if you guys can help me out and vote for this week's poll.

By the way, the results were that three out of the six people chose romance, which turns out to be the favourite, then came action/adventure and finally, one vote for mystery! No one chose fantasy or sci-fi.

So this week, I've come up with a new question! To all those viewers out there, please vote your favourite choice! So the question for this week is:

What is your favourite thing to do online?

I would love to know how you spend your time online (I don't sound creepy at all...Lol)! The closing date is on Sunday, so get voting! 

Now that that's out of the way, let's get onto today's topic!

So this week, I'd been set a task to talk about a famous artist. And that artist is...


Vincent Van Gogh!
Facts about Vincent Van Gogh:
  • Vincent Van Gogh was a world famous artist
  • He was close friends with Paul Gaugin, another famous artist.
  • Vincent Van Gogh had a brother, who unfortunately, died at birth. His brother's name was also Vincent Van Gogh.  
  • In about ten years, Vincent made approximately 900 paintings!
  • Vincent only sold one painting during his lifetime and only became famous after death.
  • He died by shooting himself but he died two days after.
Starry Night Painting by Vincent Van Gogh
So as most of you would know, Vincent Van Gogh is an amazing artist who made The Starry Night painting.

Speaking of the Starry Night, it is one of the paintings I quite like.

The painting shows a view of a small town with bright stars and a crescent moon in the sky. The thing I like about this painting is that, Vincent Van Gogh has used a cool swirling affect which makes the picture look more different and unique.

The second piece of art I like is the second picture (under Starry Night). Again, it's set at night time, with the stars shining down, reflected in the water.
I like this artwork because it shows a calm and peaceful night and I love the way the stars are reflecting on the water.

So yeah guys, Vincent Van Gogh is the artist I have chosen.

Ohh, and before I go, I have something to tell you guys. Well, some of my friends had recommended me a book and I really wanted to get it. So I went to Johnsonville library on Thursday, last week, and got out Eleanor and
Park by Rainbow Rowell! I haven't finished it yet, but, omigosh, so far it's amaz! I totally recommend this book to people who enjoy/don't mind reading a bit of romance. Oh, and as well as being a romance book, it's found in the YA section of the library, so if you're planning on reading it, be prepared for some swearing. Like, the book starts out with like a tonne of swearing, but I promise you that it gets better throughout the book, so don't put it back on the shelf, just keep reading! You'll understand why everyone loves it, once you've read it too!




More more info about the book, check out this site:
https://www.commonsensemedia.org/book-reviews/eleanor-park


So thank you guys so much for reading this week's post! Enjoy the rest of your week!!! :D

9 comments:

  1. Greta post Sharon! ps Eleanor and Park is like my favourite book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love that artist, Peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ELEANOR AND PARK IS AMAZING!!!
    How could no body not want to read it!?
    Amazing post once again shazza :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there is a song about the Starry Night Painting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Under stary night is an amazing piece. And I wishave that people can capture the true meaning about art and how it can describe or even change someone's live. At least that's what I feel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Under stary night is an amazing piece. And I wishave that people can capture the true meaning about art and how it can describe or even change someone's live. At least that's what I feel

    ReplyDelete