Monday 1 June 2015

The Book Of Spells by Kate Brian

7775665Okay, so hey guys and omigosh I am so, so excited for this week's post. So today's post is about a book I've finished reading lately. Its called.....The Book Of Spells by Kate Brian. Omigosh, to tell you the truth, I just randomly picked out this book from the Johnsonville library. I instantly knew that this book would be amazing so I got it out and read it and I was AMAZED! It's such a great book! Okay so here's a short preview about the book.

The year is 1915 when sixteen-year-old Eliza Williams arrives at the Billings School for Girls in Easton, Connecticut. Her parents expect her to learn the qualities of a graceful, dutiful wife. But Eliza and her housemates have a dangerous secret: They're witches. After finding a dusty, leather bound spell book, the Billings Girls form a secret coven. Bonded in sisterhood, they cast spells--cursing their headmistress with laryngitis, brewing potions to bolster their courage before dances, and conjuring beautiful dresses out of old rags. The girls taste freedom and power for the first time, but what starts out as innocent fun turns sinister when one of the spells has an unexpected-and deadly-consequence. Magic could bring Eliza everything she's ever wanted...but it could also destroy everything she holds dear.

I gotta tell you, this book kinda freaked me out near the end. It gets seriously creepy near the end. So never, EVER read this book at night. Unless you wanna get freaked out too. I learnt this the hard way. But overall the book is really good and it's worth reading! It's great for people who luv to read fantasy/horror/mystery/a little bit of romance. There isn't really that much romance in it though. 

There wasn't any quotes from this book so I took a quote that the author had said.

"If you live your entire life wondering what you're going to regret later, you'll never truly live it."

- Kate Brian.

I quite like this quote because I'm one of those people who try to do things that I won't regret later and I always think about it a bit too much. So this is a really good quote for me. Lol. 

So that's it for today's post. I feel like my blog posts are becoming shorter and shorter. I try to keep it short and simple. So I hope you enjoyed reading my post. Byeeeeeeeeee! XOXOXOXOX! Hehehe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment