Saturday 13 June 2015

Behalten Sie Ruhe und lesen Sie diesen Beitrag! ;)

Hallöchen!

Okay so I know most of you would absolutely have no idea of what I said in the title. Let me translate.
Translation: Keep calm and read this post!
Yup. I just said that all in German. Okay fine, you got me. I used google translate. But hey you can't blame me. I don't speak German fluently. Which is why we're learning German as our language this year! So let's get straight into it.

So, like I said, Room 8, 11 and 12 (the intermediate classes) are learning to speak German. We learn German every thursday but just a little bit at a time. And omigosh, I love German! It's so fun to learn and plus it's not as hard as the language we learned last year, Japanese. So far, we've learnt how to say greetings, numbers, alphabets, days of the week, people in the family and how to make casual and formal conversations. I'm so proud of myself for learning all this because it's not that easy learning a new language.
There are the numbers 0-20 in German.


  • Null - Zero
  • Eins - One
  • Zwei - Two
  • Drei - Three
  • Vier - Four
  • Funf - Five
  • Sechs - Six
  • Sieben - Seven
  • Acht - Eight
  • Neun - Nine
  • Zehn - Ten
  • Elf - Eleven
  • Zwolf - Twelve
  • Dreizehn - Thirteen
  • Vierzehn - Fourteen
  • Funfzehn - Fifteen
  • Sechzehn - Sixteen
  • Siebzehn - Seventeen
  • Achtzehn - Eighteen
  • Neunzehn - Nineteen
  • Zweizehn - Twenty
And here are the days of the week in German:

  • Montag - Monday
  • Dienstag - Tuesday
  • Mittwoch - Wednesday
  • Donnerstag - Thursday
  • Freitag - Friday
  • Samstag - Saturday
  • Sonntag - Sunday
Yup. Like a boss. Anyway, most of you would know that this is my last year at St Bens. I really, really don't want to leave but of course I'll have to. But hey, I'll try to post some stuff next year to keep in touch with you guys. For my language at college, I'll be doing German because hey I got a head start this year! So I will be continuing to learn German.

Also, knowing at least two (or more!) languages is a great talent to have. Learning German can help me in the future if I want to go to German (Hehehe) and well I guess it's always good to know another language. I know that it will become useful in later life and then when I do need it, I will remember that I first learnt it at St Bens. :)

Keep calm and carry on....no matter how hard life gets. 

2 comments: