Sunday 29 November 2015

Fav Moments/Events 2015 PLUS Big Day Out

Hey guys,
Less than three weeks left until SCHOOL ENDS. Sadly, this year had gone so fast because I won't be back to attend school next year because, as most of you would know, I'm off to college along with all the other Year 8s. To be honest, I'm not as nervous for college anymore. I'm, more or less, excited!

Of course, I'm not saying that I'm excited to leave this school or anything like that, I mean, if I could stay for one more year, I probably would. BUT, we've got to keep calm and carry on with life. Go to college, then university, get a job, all that kind of stuff. So this week's blog post is gonna be about all my favourite moments/memories from 2015.


Camp
Starting off with the main ones, camp is definitely a favourite. Even though I had made a few embarrassing memories there, overall it was amazing. All the activities we did, bridge-jumping, kayaking and staying in a tent for one night was worth it. Camping out with my friends was an awesome experience and I totally LOVED it!
I'm pretty sure at college we get to go to camp and stuff as well so can't wait for that!

Cake Decorating
We tried to achieve something like this.
Omg, this was like my personal favourite! Who doesn't love decorating cakes? This was part of our tasks and I was in a group with Katerina and Sarah! To be honest, we were kinda "stressed" a little because the colour of the icing didn't come out as pretty as we expected. But as we continued, we made this cute M&M cake and, lets just be honest here, it looks pretty amazing, considering that none of us have really done hard out cake decorating before. So, the cake turned out awesome and, unfortunatley, we didn't win the competition. But hey, even if we didn't win, we were pretty proud of it.

Speeches
Okay, I'm not really a great fan of doing speeches. Most people may agree with me while others may think I'm making a big fuss about nothing. But the speech I did this year would probably have to be the best speech I'd done during my school years at St Bens. Every year in Term 4, I would always stress out about what topic I should do my speech because I really wanted to do my speech on something I like/was passionate about. And this year, I was very surprised because I found a topic I really liked without spending hours looking for it. This year, my topic was about the top dumb things horror movies have taught us not to do. Why was I so passionate about this? Because every time I watch a horror movie, I'm hardly focusing on the actual story. Like 80% of the time, I'm watching the movie, the other 20% I'm just sitting there yelling at the screen. Why? Because of the dumb things that horror movie characters do e.g. entering a haunted house, tripping over a thousand times while running away from a retarded monster and being stupid enough to throw an empty gun or any useless weapon at the whatever retarded monster. I really enjoyed doing this speech but unfortunately I didn't get through to the finals but I was SO CLOSE.

Christmas Decorating
This is actually one of this week's tasks, where you have to decorate the classroom with all sorts of cool decorations that you make. We usually have a competition between all three intermediate classes, to see which class has put the most effort into decorating their classroom and how "christmasy" it looks. So can't wait to get started on that!

Blogging
Blogging has always been my top favourite thing we did in the intermediate classes. Creating my own blog and writing new posts ever week is just the kind of thing I enjoy doing. Hopefully when I move onto college, I will have some spare time, maybe in the weekends, to give y'all a quick update about college life and how's it going. If I do get around to doing that, I will make sure to add in some tips for next year's Year 8s and hopefully they won't stress out about college as much as I did. I would like to thank you all for reading my posts. I very much enjoyed sharing my intermediate life with y'all and hopefully I would post again next year!


Okay so before I go, I have to guess where we'll be going for the BIG DAY OUT. Okay, just being honest here, but in the past years, we went to Zealandia and stuff for the big day out and it was kinda...well boring. But last year we went to Jungle Rama (is that how you spell it?) and it was awesome! We did bowling, which was my absolute fav bit of the day. So hopefully this year we'll go to a fun place like Jungle Rama. I don't mind where we're going as long as it's

1. A fun place like Jungle Rama.
2. It's not Zealandia.
3. And that it doesn't have anything to do with swimming pools.

There you have it, my top favourite things we did this year, 2015 plus the Big Day Out thing. I'm pretty sure this isn't the last time I say goodbye to y'all, hopefully next week I can do one last blog post for the year. Again, thank you all for reading my posts, it's been a great pleasure writing about my intermediate life. I'll see you again next week (fingers-crossed)!

Bye! :)

Almost there guys, almost there...

6 comments:

  1. Lol I forgot about camp! And YES, plz not make the big day out near a swimming pool (Like H20 *gulp*) You definatly should continue blogging next year!! You're soooo good at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Sharon! We have done so many fun things this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Shazza, Totally agree with your favourite moments maybe not speeches though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reallllyyy hope we don't go to some nature place for the big day out!

    ReplyDelete